Scheme Mechanism and Awards
The “Jockey Club Age-friendly City Partnership Scheme 2022” application has been closed. After assessment by the judging panel, the results will be announced in Q2 2023. Please stay tuned.
The Scheme is composed of two parts:
Part I – City Partnership Scheme Sticker
All companies, government departments and public bodies which operate and have registered in Hong Kong are welcome to join the Scheme. Participating companies or organisations should have already adopted at least ONE age-friendly practice or activity or provide product(s) or service(s) catering for the needs of elderly people.
To overcome the hardship under COVID-19, different sectors of the community have initiated age-friendly practice / activity / product / service to help those in need including the older people. A new “Anti-epidemic” Recognition Sticker will be given to those applicants this year to recognise their contribution and effort.
A set of certificate and age-friendly stickers (as below) will be distributed to all eligible companies or organisations in order to recognise their participation and contribution in promoting an age-friendly culture in Hong Kong. The stickers can be displayed at their offices, stores, branches, corporate website, promotion materials and social media platforms.
Part II – Special Awards
To recognise companies or organisations which demonstrate outstanding performance in promoting an age-friendly culture, six Special Awards have also been designed under the Scheme.
The Judging Panel of the Special Awards will include members of the Advisory Committee of the JCAFC Project, representatives from the government and professional experts from related sectors. They will evaluate participants' performance based on the major criteria below. The weighting for each judging criteria varies depending on the nature of the awards:
- Creativity and innovation
- Social impact
- Resources devotion
- Sustainability of the project
Moreover, members of the public will be invited to vote for “My Favourite City Partnership Scheme Award” on the "Jockey Club Age-friendly City Project" Facebook Fan Page.
All participating companies and organisations will be invited to the Award Presentation Ceremony. The ceremony aims to recognise the joint efforts and the on-going commitment of the participating companies and organisations to building an age-friendly city in Hong Kong. All Special Awards will be presented in the ceremony.
- AGE-FRIENDLY EMPLOYER AWARDto recognise the awardees’ continuous efforts in encouraging elderly employment
- AGE-FRIENDLY FACILITIES AWARDto recognise the awardees’ contribution in providing accessible and well-maintained facilities which specifically cater for the needs of the elderly
- AGE-FRIENDLY BUSINESS INNOVATION AWARDto recognise the awardees’ efforts in introducing innovative age-friendly services or products so as to form a new business model
- AGE-FRIENDLY COLLABORATOR AWARDto recognise the awardees’ contribution in mobilising different resources (e.g. internal manpower, joint collaboration of business sector or non-profit sector) to launch age-friendly initiatives or practices that benefit the elderly on a sustainable basis
- OUR CITY’S STORY AWARDto recognise inspiring story developed under the awardee’s age-friendly initiatives that has a great impact on promoting an age-friendly culture in Hong Kong
(To encourage public participation and discover more inspiring stories, this award is open for public nomination this year. You can submit the nomination ONLINE or download the Nomination Form.)
- MY FAVOURITE CITY PARTNERSHIP SCHEME AWARDThe general public will be invited to vote for their favourite age-friendly practice / activity / product / service on the Jockey Club Age-friendly City’s Facebook Fan Page
|Application deadline||30 December 2022 (Friday)|
|Judging and public voting for all Special Awards||Janunary to Feburary 2023|
|Award Presentation Ceremony||11 May 2023|